CCA - Tarayana
The inception of the Tarayana club at the college starts from the motive of Tarayana Foundation of Bhutan. Tarayana Foundation was established in 2003 by Her Majesty the Queen Mother, Azhi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck. It is a non-profit organization that wholeheartedly works to uplift and enhance the lives of people in rural communities in Bhutan through the following objectives.
- Identify and assist poor rural communities to become self-reliant and self-sufficient through the initiation of income-generating activities.
- Enable children from disadvantaged and poor families to pursue education through support grants for basic needs of uniforms, shoes, and other necessary expenses.
- To be young volunteers in actions for uplifting disadvantaged folks through outreach programs and social service.
- To raise funds to ensure the sustainability of the club.
- Become a volunteer tutor and a mentor to younger kids around the community.
If you want to be part of a community of givers in making a stand and difference to the disadvantaged and underprivileged communities in our country, choose TARAYANA Club.