- GCIT campus movement to Thimphu Kabjisa for expansion.
- Research on Cyber Security commences.
- Officially launch the ICM curriculum with GCIT’s technology showcase “Unboxing Metaverse”
- Inaugural hackathon event: GCIT Hack! 2022 with 3 major industry sponsors.
- GCIT and TashiCell MoU signed to drive knowledge, research, innovation and intellectual capital for ICT progress and talent development.
- Champion and runner-up student winners secured by GCIT School of Computing teams in the external Hackathon Challenge (DHI TechHack) 2022.
- Partnered with Bhutan Ministry of Agriculture to show case the Royal Bhutan Flower Exhibition via a 360° Virtual Tour with curated unique experiences and gamification to promote Bhutan’s 7th Year Flower Exhibition.
- Introduction of three areas of School of Computing specialization: AI Development and Data Science, Blockchain Development and Fullstack Development.
- Introduction of Bachelor of Interactive Design and Development.
- ICT education reform initiated led by a team of Foreign Faculty members.
- Officially introduced GCIT Industry-Curriculum Module (ICM).
- Launched Computational Thinking test for GCIT college entrants.
- 1st Inaugural GCIT Technology Learning Conference was conducted.
- Pedagogical move towards Projects Based-Learning & Competencies & skills-based Assessment.
- Introduction of two Bachelor of Science Program in Computer Science and Information Technology.
- GCIT secured the runner-up position with Nu. 80,000 in Season 2 of Chancellor's Cup, themed "Education through sports".
- Hosted the 6th Winter University Games.
- Sherubtse College’s Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) move to GCIT.
- Learning by Doing Pedagogy was introduced.
- Inaugurated by his excellency Dasho Tshering Tobgay on 6 Oct 2017.
- First batch of 79 students enrolled in Bachelor of Computer Application.